Long Term Plan
The City Transport and Traffic Manageet Office of Davao City has for its programs and plans that will make this city a compliant of the 1968 Vienna Convention on road traffic and a city where the inhabitants are traffic conscious. Moreover, the following are to be made:
- To construct more flyover that shall decongest traffic at intersections.
- Opening of more access roads.
- Rehabilitation of standard loading bays.
- Additional terminal for provincial routes.
- Sustaining present Traffic Signalization as means to decongest traffic problems.
- Re-assesment of PUJ re-routing scheme, in coordination with the LTFRB.
Short Term Plan
- Acquisition of towing vehicle for responding the need of bogged-down vehicles along the street.
- Acquistion of mobile speed camera for protection and to monitor traffic violations such as reckless driving/over
- Acquisition of stripping machine for traffic road markings.
- Improvement of new uniform and traffic gears such as reflectorized vest, rain coats, and alike.
- Purchase addittional Motorcycles.
- Adequate supply of traffic paint.
- Providing periodic traffic data availbale to the public, such as Traffic / Vehicular Accidents, Traffic Vehicular Count, and alike.
- Sustaining the Traffic Education Awarenes Program to traffic personnel, barangay-based program schools, Non-Government Organizations, elementary and high schools, and drivers.
Pillars of Traffic Management
For the need of ensuring public safety and convenience to commuters and pedestrians alike is paramount this center is mandated by the Local Government of Davao to implement the following:
- Traffic direction and control
- Apprehension of Traffic Violations based on RA 4136 and local legislations by Traffic Enforcers duly deputized by the Land Transportation Office XI.
- Initial investigation of vehicular accidents
- Clearing of streets and sidewalks of obstructive vendors and structures based mainly on Ordinance # 30 of 1988 and relevant national statute.
Incidental to enforcement is the need for effective street signages thus this center with its Engineering section is prompted to act on the following:
- Painting and maintenance of pedestrian lanes and yellow boxes on City streets.
- Fabrication, installation and maintenance of traffic signages and other traffic road paraphernalias.
- Rescue and towing of bogged down vehicles on streets.
Pure enforcement is futile in traffic management. The public must be informed as they are the ultimate recipient and beneficiary. With the pool of lecturers armed with the knowledge and wisdom traffic law and schemes the public is informed thru:
- Traffic education and awareness seminars in schools, Barangay Traffic Auxiliaries, Private Institutions and driver organizations, on the following topic:
- Traffic re-orientation on our enforcers conducted by other traffic agencies.
It is the thrust of this office that efficient traffic scheme and less street obstruction means public economic gain. A free flowing traffic will yield to a less fuel consumption of motor vehicles. And lesser fuel consumption will affect the prices of basic commodities that directly benefit the public.
In the same logic, an efficient traffic scheme and less street obstruction will benefit the environment. A lesser fuel consumption because of less traffic build up may mean less carbon dioxide emission and less pollution. By implementing traffic rules especially on smoke belchers, we also regulate the excessive emission of carbon dioxide from the motor vehicles.